info-mtools

Re: [mtools] Older version of Mtools ?

From: Alain Knaff
Subject: Re: [mtools] Older version of Mtools ?
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2006 18:26:32 +0100

Chris Harris wrote:
I am trying to install system imager 3.4.1 in Red Hat Enterprise 2.1AS,
mtools is required, mtools requires a higher level of gclib, Red Hat
recommends upgrading to RHE 3 instead of upgrading gclib, that's not
going to happen anytime soon, so I'm thinking an older version of
mtools, I was unable to find one online.  Will an older version solve my
problem? If so does anyone know where I can find one that works with RHE
2.1AS?

Thanks,

Chris.

You can just compile the current mtools with older glibc, and it should work just fine

Alain