info-mtools

Re: [Info-mtools] GNU mtools 4.0.18 released

From: Ivan Shmakov
Subject: Re: [Info-mtools] GNU mtools 4.0.18 released
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2013 11:56:28 +0000

[…]

 >> As mtools is already a GNU projects is pulling in gnulib an option?

 >> http://www.gnu.org/software/gnulib/manual/html_node/strndup.html

 > Currently, for other similar cases I use a local implementation of
 > these functions (missFuncs.c), and that's also where I'll be adding
 > strndup.

        That's the whole purpose of the Gnulib project: to simplify the
        task of pulling “local implementations” of common functions off
        the same tree.  (This is free software, after all: no one needs
        to implement strndup () on his or her own, over and over again.)

        GNU Coreutils pull their local implementations from there, for
        instance.  (IIRC.)

        The only real requirement to use Gnulib (besides of the
        licensing issues) is that the building system for the project
        embedding it should use both GNU Autoconf /and/ GNU Automake.

--
FSF associate member #7257