info-mtools

Re: [Info-mtools] operation not permitted while setting disk parameters

From: Frank Loeffler
Subject: Re: [Info-mtools] operation not permitted while setting disk parameters in find_device
Date: Thu, 20 May 2021 10:19:42 +0200

Hi,

Thanks a lot for your time and continuing work on mtools. It saved me from quite a headache I believe. Earlier I described a tiny issue I had with what I think would be the correct solution (that also works for me). The thread (replied to here) went stale, and I also am guilty of not pinging more often.

Let me try to get attention in a different way: a patch / pull request.

I've created a git repo (not a fork since I couldn't find an upstream git repo for mtools) from the current 4.0.27 release:

 https://github.com/knarrff/mtools

I then created a branch with the (tiny) change:

 https://github.com/knarrff/mtools/tree/fix_device_autoconfiguration

From there, to get to a nicely documented overview of what and why I propose to change I created a pull request against my own master branch (this includes the information from the past emails):

 https://github.com/knarrff/mtools/pull/1

If you are only interested in the actual change, you can see that here:

 https://github.com/knarrff/mtools/pull/1/files

Would you please consider this change for one of the next releases?

thanks, Frank