info-sather

Re: What happened to Sather

From: Norbert Nemec
Subject: Re: What happened to Sather
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2001 08:57:26 +0200

On Mon, Jul 09, 2001 at 04:51:47PM +0000, Charles Hixson wrote:
> In article <address@hidden>, "Aaron Denney"
> <address@hidden> wrote:

> > Yeah, I sent a few messages off into the ether replying to posts on the
> > mailing list.  It would be good to regularly post a pointer to the
> > mailing list here.
> >
> > I believe the mailing list is the one described at
> > http://www.gnu.org/software/sather/Doc/FAQ.html/cache/35.html , but I'm
> > not really sure.
> >
> That looks like a page that hasn't been edited much.  The sourceforge
> page https://sourceforge.net/projects/sather is much more recent, but
> seems to have been left totally empty and idle for about a month now.
> The links to home page don't go anywhere, there's no cvs tree, nothing.
> And it hasn't even categorized itself in the software map.
>
> So it looks like whoever started that ran into some problem.

Seems like Jeff Regan has already started out on his plans back then, but lost
it out of sight during the time of silence last month. From my point of view,
Sather could really proceed on SourceForge, but I do not have the time to take
any steps myself.

I have an old CVS repository here on my local machine, containing the
versions from 0.something (at ISCI) all through 1.3beta7 (beta8 is not worked
in, yet)

I do not know whether it is wiser to transfer that repository to SourceForge
(and have a historical archive that way) or start out a new repository there,
beginning at version 1.3beta8

Ciao,
Nobbi

--