info-sather

Re: separate compilation

From: Jason R. McVetta
Subject: Re: separate compilation
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2002 17:23:02 -0500

On Wed, Mar 13, 2002 at 03:17:08PM -0500, Fuji Zhang wrote:
> hi, all. i'm a novice to Sather. so a couple of naive questions. does
> Sather compiler have a separate compilation switch. in other words, can
> classes or files be compiled without a main routine. 2nd Q: is Sather
> pronounced: say-ther? thx for clearing these.

I'm a Sather novice, too, so I can't help you with the separate
compilation question.  But I do happen to remember the answer to the
other one.  According to:

        http://www.gnu.org/software/sather/Doc/FAQ.html/cache/40.html

Sather is pronounced so it rhymes with "bather" -- which is to say, you
have it right.

Cheers,

Jason R. McVetta                             Larkin.DynDNS.org/~jmcvetta
"A conservative is a man with two perfectly good legs who has never
learned to walk."  -- Franklin D. Roosevelt