info-xnee

Re: [Info-xnee] Questions

From: Henrik Sandklef
Subject: Re: [Info-xnee] Questions
Date: Sat, 09 Oct 2004 00:57:19 +0200

Hi

On Fri, 2004-10-08 at 11:15, address@hidden wrote:
> >> I have two phisical monitor, with two desktop (without xinerama). I
> >> can
> >> reference these desktop with localhost:0.0 and localhost:0.1
> >> When Xnee is recording, action performed over both the screen are
> >> recorded, but on replay all the actions are reproduced on
> >> localhost:0.0
> >
> > Can you show me how you start Xnee application (what args)?
> > Can you send over the logfile with recorded data from both screens?
> >

> I have tried with same results (on Solaris and Aix):
> xnee --record --mouse --out abc.xne --loops -1
> xnee --record --mouse --out abc.xne --loops -1 --display localhost:0
> xnee --record --mouse --out abc.xne --loops -1 --display localhost:0.0
> xnee --record --mouse --out abc.xne --loops -1 --display localhost:0.1

> xnee  --replay --file abc.xne --no-sync
> xnee  --replay --file abc.xne --no-sync --display localhost:0.0
> xnee  --replay --file abc.xne --no-sync --display localhost:0.1
> xnee  --replay --file abc.xne --no-sync --replay-resolution 1280x2048

Lots of examples. Which command line do you use when the error occurs?
Does the error occur on all the above examples?

Do you start two instances of xnee when recording the different screens,
like this:
  xnee --record --mouse --out 00.xns --loops -1 --display localhost:0.0
  xnee --record --mouse --out 01.xns --loops -1 --display localhost:0.1
or do you use one instance, like this:
  xnee --record --mouse --out 00.xns --loops -1 --display localhost:0

> I've attached the log file, recorded with mouse movements across the screens.
> Regards.

The recorded file is from a recording session of display "localhost:0"
In this file you never move the mouse outside the root window (which has
the size 1280x1024). Or am I wrong?

I think I know where the bug is. In the file:
      libxnee/src/xnee_record.c
there is a funciton:
      xnee_record_handle_event
that prints the recorded events to file. This function always print
screen number 0, even if screen != 0. Can you confirm that my assumption
above (starting two recording sessions (one per screen) is valid)?