jailkit-dev

Re: [Jailkit-dev] Quick question

From: Richard Scott
Subject: Re: [Jailkit-dev] Quick question
Date: Sat, 25 Jan 2014 15:54:34 +0000

Hi,

To resolve the terminal issues, try installing "terminfo" when creating the jail with jk_init.

Rich

On 25/01/2014 12:55, Evolution Host wrote:

Hey, first off; I really appreciate your work on this fantastic project.
I'm absolutely desperate to use it.

I've done extensive research to try resolve this issue and cannot seem
to find an appropriate solution. I've spent Two weeks working on this
and trying every different possible method to get it working. I've even
switched operating systems.

Anyway, the issue basically is that I can't seem to install external
commands into the jail.
I'm sure there is a fairly simple way of bringing commands into the
jail, however I've tried the recommended command.

The commands I'm hoping to bring in are "nano" and "make". Obviously
these have dependencies etc but I simply can't get it working. Nano
throws the following error: "Error opening terminal: unknown." I've
tried switching to xterm etc to no avail. I think this might be evidence
of a deeper underlying issue.

Any help with this issue would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.