jailkit-dev

Re: [Jailkit-dev] Little issue about jailkit in Debian (urgent)

From: Olivier Sessink
Subject: Re: [Jailkit-dev] Little issue about jailkit in Debian (urgent)
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2021 19:49:08 +0200

That website makes the requirements clear:

----------------
In most cases, it's not appropriate to upload a new upstream release at
this point. New upstream release usually contain unrelated changes,
which might be inappropriate or make review much more difficult.
Uploading a new upstream release is only appropriate when the resulting
debdiff doesn't contain changes that wouldn't be in the debdiff of a
targeted change. When in doubt, ask for pre-approval before uploading a
new upstream release.

Some examples of changes that are undesirable during a freeze:

    bumping the debhelper compat level
    switching to a different packaging helper
    adding or dropping a systemd unit or an init script
    adding, removing or renaming binary packages
    adding or removing support for a language (version)
    moving files between binary packages
    changing relations (depends, conflicts, ...) between packages
    changes that affect other packages
    dropping a -dbg package in favour of -dbgsym
    rearranging code, 'cleanups', etc

all of these are not the case. There is two security related bug fixes
and a version bump. That is all the difference between 2.21 and 2.22. So
I would say that it meets the requirements.

Olivier

--
Bluefish website http://bluefish.openoffice.nl/
Blog http://oli4444.wordpress.com/