jailkit-users

Re: [Jailkit-users] Automated rsync jail creating program

From: Bas Jansen
Subject: Re: [Jailkit-users] Automated rsync jail creating program
Date: Thu, 01 Dec 2005 15:48:48 +0100

Hey everyone again,

I managed to get this in a working prototype where 1 of the scripts
initiates a jailcreation and gives me a /bla/alb/ which contains
a /dev /usr /bin /lib and /home, i then change the /home to /data (tho
this isnt really necessary). Create a 1LVM block large FS (37 meg
default atm) and mv the /bla/alb/* files to there and run a mount --bind
-r  /chroot on it after i made it a file system.

A other script is able to then make this all into ready to go rsync
jails by adding a user to regular /etc/passwd, remounting /chroot as rw
and changing the /etc/passwd there, then remounting it to read only and
mounting the entire /chroot as a bind mount on /your_root/user. Then i
use a shared storage disk and mount it on /your_root/user/data (the new
home), this mount is RW, noexec, nosuid, nodev.

By doing this all (tho it may seem paranoid) i am convinced i have
created a ready to go unbreakable root jail even tho it runs several
processes as root.

If any of you have any requests or questions feel free to post them and
i may be able to put them in release 0.1 still :)

Greetings,
Bas "Tarskin" Jansen