jailkit-users

[Jailkit-users] Identity problem [SOLVED]

From: Rui Ramos
Subject: [Jailkit-users] Identity problem [SOLVED]
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2006 10:35:34 +0000

 Hy Stephen and thanks on the reply,

  I've chek that in $JAIL/etc/passwd and $JAIL/etc/group and they where there.
I also had the libraries but i missed something, so here goes to some one that
as the same problem.

 I did inclued in $JAIL/etc/ld.so.conf the path for the libs required for
whoami program. then i enter with root user and execute the ldconfig command to
update the libs. i get the an output that it was excpeting the symlink for the
libs.
 so i did that:
   ln -s /lib/libnsl.so.1 libnsl-2.3.2.so
   ln -s /lib/libnss_compat.so.2 libnss_compat.so
   ln -s /lib/libnss_dns.so.2 libnss_dns.so
   ln -s /lib/libnss_files.so.2 libnss_files.so
   ln -s /lib/libnss_nis.so.2 libnss_nis.so
   ln -s /lib/libnss_nisplus.so.2 libnss_nisplus.so

 that i could execute ldconfig and that's it

> Hello Rui,
>
> >  But when i got to the part of testing i could log with ssh but i got
> > allways connection rejected. It seems like a perission problem. I've search
> > a lot and still didn't find the issue. So i've testiing jail instead of
> > jk_chrootsh shell in /etc/passwd and now it works. I still use the jk_*
> > commands.
>
> I'd also guess you're having a permission problem. Have you checked the log
> file for entries from jk_chrootsh? Those entries are very informative and
> usually give the precise reason why jk_chrootsh didn't allow changing to the
> chroot directory. If jailkit messages don't give you the reason, check you
> log files for any "error" or "denied" messages from your SSH daemon.
>
> >  One problem i have is the identity.
> >
> >   i can logging to the chroot env bu i get in the prompt: "I have no
> > address@hidden:"
> >
> >  executing whoami i get:
> >
> >  whoami: cannot find username for UID
>
> Have you forgotten to add a user or group to JAILDIR/etc/passwd or
> JAILDIR/etc/group? This might happen if you've decided to "add" users
> manually to the jail directory.
> Does "whoami" have all required libraries? Execute "ldd /bin/whoami" and
> check if those libraries (.so) exist in the chroot directory (JAILDIR/lib/).
>
> Cheers,
> Stephen

 Rui Manuel dos Santos Ramos

 Instituto de Recursos e Iniciativas Comuns
 Praça Gomes Teixeira, 4099-002 Porto, Portugal

 phone : +351 223 401 571
 e-mail: rramos[at]iric.up.pt
    web: http://ruiramos.no-ip.com