jailkit-users

Re: [Jailkit-users] sftp chroot - Connection Closed

From: Olivier Sessink
Subject: Re: [Jailkit-users] sftp chroot - Connection Closed
Date: Tue, 06 Jun 2006 18:04:52 +0200

Michael Groves wrote:
Oliver wrote:
if your jail is /home/jail and the directory /home/jail/dev exists
this
seems ok. what do the logs show about jk_socketd?

I have a log file but it's empty?

possibly /var/log/messages or /var/log/daemon.log, depending on your syslog configuration. Just `grep jk_socketd /var/log/*` will show you everything logged by jk_socketd

Linux jk_lsh[7358]: WARNING: running /usr/lib/ssh/sftp-server failed for
user mike 91003: Unknown error 4294967295
Linux jk_lsh[7358]: WARNING: check the permissions and libraries for
/usr/lib/ssh/sftp-server

I'm guessing I need to chmod sftp-server

it should have the same permissions as on the real system. More important: do all the libraries exist? How did you copy it into the jail, did you use jk_cp or jk_init or did you manually copy files?

Also not sure what to do about the libraries.

if you use jk_cp the libraries (most of them) will be copied automatically. jk_cp -cf /my/jail /usr/lib/ssh/sftp-server

Olivier