jailkit-users

Re: [Jailkit-users] a www folder as symlink to a failed folder

From: Olivier Sessink
Subject: Re: [Jailkit-users] a www folder as symlink to a failed folder
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2006 07:43:25 +0200

Mike van Hoof wrote:

I think you misunderstood me, because i want the symbolic link to be in /var/www/html and this is outside the jail. It has to point to a directory inside the jail...
Or am i misunderstanding you??

oh sorry.., that should just work as long as your unix permissions allow you to read the link and the target directories (and I'm not sure if the parent directories need to have the execute bit set for 'others').

Olivier