jailkit-users

Re: [Jailkit-users] Another Question re: Apps that Require Root

From: Olivier Sessink
Subject: Re: [Jailkit-users] Another Question re: Apps that Require Root
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2006 23:08:56 +0200

Calvin Cannon wrote:
Thanks Olivier,

Great work on this project BTW.

So, would this work with ssh? Would it be possible to simply turn on the setuid flag on the rsync executable rather than using rsync in daemon mode? (Sorry to ask before trying myself.) Would non-root user, "joeblow" be able to connect using ssh and then rsync his data in this way and still preserve user/group info?

I think that should work indeed.., however, I think you need to use jailkit from cvs, because there is a new option to relax the permissions check.

regards,
        Olivier