jailkit-users

Re: [Jailkit-users] jailkit openssh

From: Olivier Sessink
Subject: Re: [Jailkit-users] jailkit openssh
Date: Wed, 04 Oct 2006 08:00:13 +0200

Firdaus Tjahyadi wrote:

> On 10/4/06, *Olivier Sessink* <address@hidden
> <mailto:address@hidden>> wrote:
>
>     Firdaus Tjahyadi wrote:
>     > Hello i'm new member
>     >
>     > i have chroot my openssh server using pam chroot
>     >
>     > i'd like to know how i chroot my openssh server using jailkit
>
>     chroot the server or an account?
>

> both of them  especially server i've read  chroot  shell  now i want
> chroot my openssh server

that means that all users can only logon to the jail (and all in the
same jail) because the whole server runs in the jail. Sure you want that?

you need to copy everything the server ever needs into the jail,
including the users and basic networking stuff. A lot of work.

You don't need jk_chrootlaunch to start the process inside the jail
because the server runs with root privileges anyway. You can (as root)
simply 'chroot /my/jail' to enter the jail and then start the daemon
inside the jail just like you do on the real system.

regards,
        Olivier