jailkit-users

Re: [Jailkit-users] Problems configuring in Suse 10.2

From: Olivier Sessink
Subject: Re: [Jailkit-users] Problems configuring in Suse 10.2
Date: Wed, 07 Mar 2007 19:51:15 +0100

Jere Retzer wrote:
Thanks, Olivier. This is really taking some detective work and I appreciate it!

Here are the ownership settings for the home directories in question:

thinkpad:~ # ls-l /home/jail/home
total 8
drwx------ 2 lcmc rxrmotedb 4096 Mar  6 10:56 lcmc
drwx------ 2 mike rxremote  4096 Mar  6 10:56 mike

just something I thought of: if you change the shell in /etc/passwd to /bin/bash, can you log in? If not, what happens if you remove the /./ sequence in the home directory, does that help?

If I recall correctly pam_unix2.so is configured in /etc/security/somefile, can you check if there is anything relevant there?

regards,
        Olivier