jailkit-users

[Jailkit-users] jk_init errors in OS X 10.4

From: Gregory German
Subject: [Jailkit-users] jk_init errors in OS X 10.4
Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2007 16:16:07 -0700

Hi,

I'm using jailkit 1.2 which I obtained from darwinports.com (now macports).  When I try to set up the jail by using jk_init I get the following errors:

ERROR: /jail is not owned by root:root!

ERROR: chrootdir /jail is not safe

This appears to be problematic because there is no group called root in OS X so I can't do "chown root:root jail".  If I am not mistaken, the "root" group in OS X is wheel.  Is there a way to get around this?  Should I be using a different version of jailkit?  I know 1.2 is not nearly the latest version, but it is the latest version provided by macports.

Thanks,

Greg

--

Gregory German