jailkit-users

Re: [Jailkit-users] Unable to start any programs

From: Olivier Sessink
Subject: Re: [Jailkit-users] Unable to start any programs
Date: Thu, 31 May 2007 18:35:16 +0200

Mats Ahlgren wrote:
Hello,

I followed the tutorial at
http://olivier.sessink.nl/jailkit/howtos_sftp_scp_only.html

The result is that attempting to ssh/sftp/anything yields the
following results: - I login successfully, see the welcome message,
and get immediately disconnected (disconcerting, since I didn't allow
ssh...) - the following is logged in /var/log/messages

---------- begin logs (/var/log/messages) ----------- Accepted
keyboard-interactive/pam for ssh guest from 127.0.0.1 port 45083 ssh2

sshd[25734]: subsystem request for sftp

jk_chrootsh[25735]: now entering jail /home/jail for user sshguest
(1002)

jk_lsh[25735]: jk_lsh version 2.3, started

jk_lsh[25735]: cannot find user name for uid 1002: Success

check /home/jail/etc/passwd, does uid 1002 exist as user?

how about your jk_init.ini, the defaults are for a 32 bit Debian or
Ubuntu system. Do you have a 64bit system? You use Suse: are the libnss
libraries (usually /lib/libnss*) available in the jail?

Also, I assume one has to run jk_socketd as root? (above logs are
with jk_socketd running -- didn't see anything, and I don't have an
auth.log; running Suse 10.2)

the Debian auth.log is in Suse in /var/log/messages. jk_socketd has to run as root indeed, it changes to nobody after opening the sockets.

The fact that you see logging from jk_lsh in the jail means that your logging is working OK.

regards,
        Olivier