jailkit-users

Re: [Jailkit-users] chroot Jail for Python

From: Olivier Sessink
Subject: Re: [Jailkit-users] chroot Jail for Python
Date: Tue, 05 Jun 2007 08:20:15 +0200

Gregory Piñero wrote:
On 6/4/07, Olivier Sessink <address@hidden> wrote:
from the section 'Getting a Copy of the CVS Repository'

`cvs -z3 -d:pserver:address@hidden:/sources/jailkit
co jailkit`

(you need to have the cvs command installed)

Ok, I installed cvs and ran your command above, I think that worked.
Should I just be looking at the file /jailkit/src/jk_uchroot.c?

just move into the jailkit directory, and run `autoconf && ./configure && make`
than run as root 'make install'
that will give you the latest jailkit development version

So are you saying using this will let a process running under a
regular user spawn new jailed processes, never requiring a root user?

indeed, see `man jk_uchroot`

 > I guess I still need to put all the Python dependencies into the jail
folder, right?  I'm still not 100% clear on how to do that exactly.

check the 'how to debug a jail' section on the website, and `jk_cp` is your friend for this kind of work ;-)

Olivier