jailkit-users

Re: [Jailkit-users] /usr/sbin/jk_chrootsh No such file or directory

From: Olivier Sessink
Subject: Re: [Jailkit-users] /usr/sbin/jk_chrootsh No such file or directory
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2007 23:25:39 +0100

Dan Rossi wrote:
> Is there any kind of solution to my issue, everything seems so easy so
> far to actually setup the chroot it just wont login. I also mentioned
> that a similar issue was happening with the ssh chroot patch, but i
> reverted ssh back to the package now.

I'm trying to get a clue. Normally what I would do is log on to the
system as root, and tail all logfiles:

`tail -f /var/log/messages /var/log/daemon.log /var/log/auth.log
/var/log/debug`

then I would start the second login with user 'testuser' See if anything
is appended to any of the logfiles that could give a clue.

So far from your replies it seems that none of the jailkit programs is
actually started because the first thing jk_chrootsh does is send some
messages to your syslog server. However, one of your messages
contradicts with this conclusion: "When i copy it over to the chroot
directory the error goes away". This suggests that the problem is in
your chroot jail and jk_chrootsh is running fine, trying to jail the
user and failing. But again: when failing you would get logging why it
fails, and you don't get any logging.

Do you have logging in the jail enabled and running (either with syslog
or with jk_socketd) ??

A more obscure thing that could be the issue is if you're using SELinux
or AppArmor or another access control system, and this system interferes..

Hope this helps.

regards,
        Olivier