jailkit-users

[Jailkit-users] Question about Jailkit and ProFTPD

From: jeroen
Subject: [Jailkit-users] Question about Jailkit and ProFTPD
Date: Mon, 05 May 2008 01:47:53 +0200

Hi,

I was setting up Jailkit on my server to safely assign shell accounts to users. However, eventho the users are restricted to their shell inside ssh, when they use ProFTPD to upload files, they can traverse the whole structure of the server.

I have googled around a lot, and found that inside the /etc/proftpd.conf file i need to set "RequireValidShell off", but that does (even after a reboot) not seem to do anything. The server also houses the Plesk controlpanel, maybe that one has its sticky fingers too deep inside the system.

I am hoping to get some ideas to solve this through this mailinglist.

Regards,
Jeroen Wierda