jailkit-users

Re: [Jailkit-users] Disconnects when the shell starts

From: yellow protoss
Subject: Re: [Jailkit-users] Disconnects when the shell starts
Date: Thu, 15 May 2008 10:05:53 +0200

If you manage to make the jk_lsh work, please do not hesitate to post a howto for newbies (and/or notify address@hidden). I am really stuck with that jk_lsh :( for a jailed sftp :(
You may get permissions info from me if you do not find, since the /bin/bash works for me, but i do not need interactive.

On 5/15/08, Olivier Sessink <address@hidden> wrote:
Mathematical wrote:

It seems to me that the jk_lsh is returning an exit code of 3. Why? I have
no idea.

an exit code 3 possibily means that group information is missing in the jail.

I'm not sure because I would expect jk_chrootsh to abort already in this case.

Have you checked your logs? First make sure logging works in the jail (either using syslog or using jk_socketd). jk_lsh always logs to your logging server if there is a problem.

Olivier