jailkit-users

Re: [Jailkit-users] Newbie - Password Change

From: David Harper
Subject: Re: [Jailkit-users] Newbie - Password Change
Date: Fri, 8 Aug 2008 13:56:43 -0400

Thanks Oliver.  Below is the information requested.

#1 Below are the directory and shells for the jail-scp user:

located in /etc/passwd        :/myhome/jail/./home/jail-scp:/usr/sbin/jk_chrootsh
located in the jail                :/home/jail-scp:/usr/sbin/jk_lsh

#3 Here is a snippet of the jk_init.ini file:

[scp]
comment = ssh secure copy
executables = /usr/bin/scp
includesections = netbasics, uidbasics
devices = /dev/urandom

[sftp]
comment = ssh secure ftp
executables = /usr/lib/sftp-server, /usr/lib/openssh/sftp-server, /usr/lib/misc/sftp-server
includesections = netbasics, uidbasics
devices = /dev/urandom, /dev/null

[ssh]
comment = ssh secure shell
executables = /usr/bin/ssh
includesections = netbasics, uidbasics
devices = /dev/urandom, /dev/tty

Here are the locations on my system of sftp-server:

/usr/lib/sftp-server
/usr/lib/openssh/sftp-server

From WinSCP logon attempt

Password failed twice
Cannot initialize SFTP protocol. Is the host running a SFTP server?

#4 I am attaching the following log exports:

jail-scp is the user account currently enabled
jailed was the original user account used - currently deleted

jail-scp.log    grep jail-scp /var/log/* > jail-scp.log
jk.log            grep jk_ /var/log/* > jk.log

I have not set up the logging inside the jail, I was hoping to so after I could verify I could get in.

Thanks in advance for your wonderful assistance.

David