jailkit-users

[Jailkit-users] Jailkit howto for Mac OS X?

From: Rich Morin
Subject: [Jailkit-users] Jailkit howto for Mac OS X?
Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2008 19:00:10 -0800

The Jailkit howto has a number of details which don't match the
way things are set up on Mac OS X.  If someone would be willing
to provide OS-specific details, I'd be happy to write them up.

Here is what I have figured out so far:

  *  "sudo port install jailkit" creates these directories:

       /opt/local/{etc,sbin,share,share/doc}/jailkit

       /opt/local/var/macports/
         {distfiles,receipts,software,sources}/jailkit

  *  The provided jk_init.ini file does not appear to have any
     configuration to OSX or Ruby.

Can someone help me with snapshots of the way they set things up?

I also have a more general question about the way Jailkit works.
As I understand it, the executing program is restricted from
accessing anything outside of the chroot'ed directory tree.  So,
it can't read, write, or execute any unauthorized files.

However, this still seems to leave the program with the ability
to send off arbitrary packets to other processes, etc.  How can
I restrict this?

-r
http://www.cfcl.com/rdm/resume     address@hidden