jailkit-users

Re: [Jailkit-users] chrootlaunch from inittab

From: DTakemori
Subject: Re: [Jailkit-users] chrootlaunch from inittab
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2009 15:05:08 -1000

>From: Olivier Sessink
>Subject: Re: [Jailkit-users] chrootlaunch from inittab
>Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2009 23:22:09 +0100
>
>>address@hidden wrote:
>>I should have made it clearer.  No the perl script does not detach, and
>>in fact it runs just fine from /etc/inittab without the jk_chrootlaunch.
>>In fact, I am attempting to convert a daemon that was originally setup with
>>this /etc/inittab entry;

>>N1:345:respawn:/usr/local/bin/foo -c /usr/local/etc/foo.conf
>>
>>where /usr/local/bin/foo was owned by foo:foo and had the suid bit set. To one which is jailed
>>and does not need the suid bit to run as user/group foo/foo.

>is there anything in the logs? jk_chrootlaunch logs to syslog when an error is found.

Nothing.  I tried logging *.* to syslog and the only thing that shows up is from
init, not jailkit.

init: Id "N1" respawning too fast: disabled for 5 minutes

I am now suspecting that this is a problem in the perl script, not jailkit.  The
script (I am not the author of it) is probably either using something in
root's environment that's not in inittab's or accessing something that's
not copied over into the jail.

Dean Takemori
Systems Support Supervisor
TD Food Group