jailkit-users

Re: [Jailkit-users] Redundancy on a rsync service

From: Giuliano Catrambone (CatraSoftware)
Subject: Re: [Jailkit-users] Redundancy on a rsync service
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2010 16:15:54 +0100

Hi Alivier,

so I should, i.e. from the machine 1:
1. create the jail root on the shared repository, let's say
    /Shared_Rsync_Repository/jailroot

2. init it, i.e.:
    jk_init -j /Shared_Rsync_Repository/jailroot_ftp2 rsync

3. create the user MyAccount
    i.e.: useradd MyAccount

4. Jail the user:
    jk_jailuser -m -j /Shared_Rsync_Repository/jailroot_ftp2 umts2

... and now the machine 1 is fine.

So what I should do on machine 2 in order to have the access on the same jail user path?
Should I run the above steps 2, 3 and 4 from the machine 2 and that's all?

Thanks
    giu

On Fri, 2010-03-12 at 15:44 +0100, Olivier Sessink wrote:
Giuliano Catrambone (CatraSoftware) wrote:
> Hi all,
>     We need to use rsync through a VIP defined on an HW load balancer
> and balancing two machines.
>
>     Both the machines will use a shared repository where we would like
> to have a shared jail root
>     for both the machines.
>
>     That will allow us to have a redundancy on the rsync service.
>
>     Is that possible?

Jailkit won't be the problem. The jail itself is usually read-only, so
it is easily shared between machines. The rsync functionality  mostly
depends on your shared repository. Does it allow shared writes from two
machines?

Olivier