jailkit-users

[Jailkit-users] ForwardAgent(?) issue

From: Christer Edwards
Subject: [Jailkit-users] ForwardAgent(?) issue
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2010 21:20:01 -0600

I've got an ssh-only chroot system set up with jailkit (initially
2.5). One thing that kind of bothers me though is that ForwardAgent
doesn't seem to work. I'm sure this is a function (feature) of the
jail system, but it is something I'd like to be able to activate.

To clarify, my setup allows: ssh -> jail -> internal-host

There are very few commands available within the jail, mainly
[basicshell] from jk_init.ini with a few minor additions. I haven't
altered much of anything beyond that. What I would like to be able to
do is the normal ssh -> jail -> internal-host, but have pubkey
authentication work throughout. Currently it authenticates at jail,
but prompts for a passphrase at internal-host.

If anyone can tell me what I need to do in order to get this to work
I'd appreciate it.

Cheers,

Christer

Ohh, also, I noticed today that 2.11 was released. I've compiled and
installed it, but I'm wondering if I need to jk_init again, or if my
current setup (initially 2.5) is adequate. It is functional, but will
anything be gained by doing jk_init on the newer release?