jailkit-users

Re: [Jailkit-users] is jailkit functioning on Ubuntu 16.04

From: Olivier Sessink
Subject: Re: [Jailkit-users] is jailkit functioning on Ubuntu 16.04
Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2018 22:33:58 +0200

On 17-06-18 16:24, Steven Varga wrote:
> Hello,
>
> followed instructions
> from https://olivier.sessink.nl/jailkit/jailkit.8.html was unable to
> su in to jailed user account on an updated Ubuntu 16.04 system.
>
> Jailkit is installed from source, no error messages during
> installation or during set up. Can you please confirm if jailkit is a
> functioning/maintained software package known to work on recent linux
> ( possibly debian derivan ) systems? and if you have met similar
> behaviour, possibly point out what I could be doing wrong.

can you check the errors in the logs?

grep jk_ /var/log/*

and can you  try to login without su as well (for example ssh to
localhost). su does something special (it doesn't do a login, but
executes the shell directly) so there is a workaround  in the
jk_chrootsh code. Perhaps the workaround is broken.

Olivier

Bluefish website http://bluefish.openoffice.nl/
Blog http://oli4444.wordpress.com/