jailkit-users

Re: [Jailkit-users] Jail has wrong ownership

From: Bob Schuon
Subject: Re: [Jailkit-users] Jail has wrong ownership
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2020 14:30:26 +0000

Olivier,

Thank you for your reply!  Unfortunately (or fortunately, for security’s sake), ISPConfig locks that webxxx folder, and a standard chown will fail, even with sudo/root.

But, good news!  I found the article I was looking for, which shows how to (temporarily) remove the protection to fix the ownership/permissions.

https://popoleodesigns.com/unset-ispconfig-3-folder-security/

As soon as the ownership is fixed, the ssh works once more.

Thank you for your help, and your fantastic software!

Best Regards,

--
Bob Schuon / Senior Developer
Lounge Lizard Worldwide Inc.