jami

Re: [Ring] How to start contributing to ring?

From: Philippe Gorley
Subject: Re: [Ring] How to start contributing to ring?
Date: Mon, 3 Jul 2017 19:25:10 -0400

On 2017-07-03 06:21 PM, Mahesh Vashishtha wrote:
Hello all,

I am very interested in contributing to the development of GNU ring. I know C and I am currently learning C++. How should I go about finding a feature or bug to work on? Is there a particular feature or bug that might be good for a beginner?

Our bug tracker is on tuleap.ring.cx and we use gerrit-ring.savoirfairelinux.com for code reviews. You'll have to signup on both to start contributing.

I'm sure if you ask around, someone will point you towards a couple low hanging fruit to get your feet wet. :)

Also, is this the best place to ask this kind of question? Is an IRC channel better?

No, this is the right place. #ring on freenode also works.

Thank you,
Mahesh Vashishtha

The Ring devs are mainly active from 9 to 5 eastern time.

Thanks for your interest,

--
Philippe Gorley
Free Software Consultant | Montréal, Qc

Confidentiality Message: This communication (including any files
transmitted with it) is intended solely for the person or entity to
whom it is addressed, and may contain confidential or privileged
information.
The disclosure, distribution or copying of this message is strictly
forbidden. Should you have received this communication in error,
kindly contact the sender promptly, destroy any copies and delete
this message from your computer system.