This last week has been especially productive.
First, like I mentioned the week before, I extended the coverage of the Node.js Wrapper to include more callbacks .
Moreover, up until now, I had been using a "hacky" way of registering C++ functions (so that they can be called from Node.js). I learnt that SWIG (the software I used to generate the wrapper) has the exact feature I was try to simulate with my hacks (namely Typemaps). After some time figuring typemaps out, I was able to use them for my purpose and removed the hacky parts from my code .
I also worked on writing a Node.js module that is easy to use and abstracts away internal calls a consumer of the API doesn't necessarily need to know. This module can now be included and used by others in their Node.js projects . It is very basic right now, but I'm adding to it!
Finally, I passed the first GSoC Evaluations! It has been an excellent experience up till now and I have learnt so much. I hope it continues to go this well.