Thank you Ring Team for the list of changes and for Guillaume for
Will this list be available on a website/webpage so that people
who have not subscribed to this list can be referred to it?
On 16/9/17 7:48 am, Guillaume Roguez
* Changes to Ring since the release of the 1.0 version:
** GNU/Linux Client
- Fix: Add contacts to the correct models.
- Fix smart infos display during a call.
- Fix a crash when ContactMethod is null.
- Improved display of avatars (circle and color pallet, common to all desktop clients).
- Improved display of contact requests.
- Improved display of messages reception date.
- YouTube videos and images can now be displayed into the conversation window.
- Displayed messages are now grouped by reception date.
3. Other changes:
- Remove the category label for a contact in the call view.
- Remove the ability to drag-and-drop an object in the chat view.
- Add a setting to enable/disable the preview of images and videos in the conversation window.
** MacOS client
- Removal of the add contact pannel which allowed to change your name and add it to Contacts.
- Remove the "Add to Contact" popover. It is now a single click action.
- Adding a default avatar (a white lettre inside a coloured circle).
- Minor cosmetic changes (commit 053283b2 & 22f71275).
- Many automatic translations updates.
** UWP client
- SIP call audio fixed.
- Name registration fixed.
- SIP account creation and contact management improved.
- UI improvements during video calls.
** Windows ClientUWP client
- Missing DLL (needs reinstallation of Ring from the website).
- SIP UI correction and behavior fix (no messaging outside calls),
- Various bug fixes:
- Closing first wizard without creating account doesn't crash the app anymore.
- Clicking on old formated contacts wont crash the app.
- General UI improvement:
- contextual menu of contact list fixed.
- multiple size and ratio adjustments.
- Code cleaning and refactorisation.
** Core (daemon)
- A GSoC 2017 contribution by Olivier Gregoire
- Accessible by command /make check/
- see test/ directory for details
- Functional tests : SIP
- Unit tests: various simple classes for now
- archive can now be saved in plain text (not encrypted) without password.
In this case the archive is just a plain json file compressed with gzip.
- Android: restbed crash
- prevent DHT connection on disabled account
- avoid flipping DHT connection status
- tweak vp8 parameters for better live performances
- fix RingAccount certificate check code to be compliant with gnutls >= 3.4.11
- various refactoring for code cleanup/maintainance
- various build fixes on dedicated platforms
- build log less verbose (almost for boost)
- i18n continus updates
4. Contribs (Bumps/Downgrades/Add/Remove)
- opendht (latest)
- restbed/asio 4.6
- x264 (latest)
- vpx 1.6.1
- ffmpeg 3.3.3g
- Boost 1.64
- (UWP) downgrade gnutls 3.4.17
- (UWP) downgrade pjproject 2.5.5
- libav removed (ffmpeg is now used everywhere)
The Ring Team