jami

Re: [Ring] ring on a dedicated network

From: Olivier Soldano
Subject: Re: [Ring] ring on a dedicated network
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2018 15:09:34 -0500 (EST)

Hello,

In the great lines I will be inclined to answer that
everything you want is feasible:
 - nameservice : on a blockchain or not, anything that is restful (doc:
https://tuleap.ring.cx/plugins/mediawiki/wiki/ring/index.php?title=Name_server_protocol),
 - ICE protocol: you have to provide a STUN and TURN server to punch through
NAT, (configurable in client, for each account),
 - DHT: you just have to run a DHT node as private bootstrap server (more info
https://github.com/savoirfairelinux/opendht).

let us know if you stumble upon something during this process, it will be
greatly appreciated!

Best regards,
Olivier