jami

[Ring] Router port information

From: Arlen
Subject: [Ring] Router port information
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2018 10:12:54 -0400

Greetings,

   Can anyone out there advise me on what service and port number I would need to allow on a router for Ring?

   My issue is an older router that does not support UPnP. It sounds like UPnP is recommended for using Ring.

   Also, there are apparently some security concerns with having UPnP enabled, and it would be nice to have an option to set things manually.

   If I am misinformed on the security issues of UPnP, please enlighten me.

Thank you,

Arlen