jami

Re: Public TURN servers. Why Jami? (was: communication issues + What doe

From: Сергей Петров
Subject: Re: Public TURN servers. Why Jami? (was: communication issues + What does the STUN switch do?)
Date: Fri, 22 May 2020 14:39:00 +0300

I have found lists of public STUN servers (
https://gist.github.com/mondain/b0ec1cf5f60ae726202e  and
https://gist.github.com/sagivo/3a4b2f2c7ac6e1b5267c2f1f59ac6c6b), but only
a few TURN's. It seems a bit strange.

> what exactly have motivated you and your friend to experiment with Jami,
instead of sticking with a standard, i. e. SIP-based, solution?

Mostly it's because of privacy, anonymity and so on. We are using Tox on
PC, but there is no stable/good enough Tox client for android. So we found
Jami.