jami

Re: Is *.jami.net down?

From: Nathan Royce
Subject: Re: Is *.jami.net down?
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2020 20:45:35 -0500

Ah crud, I sent my reply directly to bill instead of reply-to-all, so
for the record of what I sent (and this reply continuing below):
*****
Are you sure they are "all online"?

I'm also getting "jami.net’s server IP address could not be found."
and whois shows ns#.jami.net are the nameservers, and  they cannot be
pinged either: "ping: NS3.JAMI.NET: Name or service not known".

But whois for ring.cx says the nameservers are
nsring0#.savoirfairelinux.net and ping DOES find them.
*****
And then Bill's reply:
*****
yes i tried all three - just did again - all working

https://jami.net/
https://review.jami.net/
https://git.jami.net/

BTW you sent this only to me, not the mailing list
*****
Thanks for that heads-up, Bill. I wonder if the IP addresses were
cached on your system or something, that you didn't have to go through
the nameservers.
Can you ping the ns#.jami.net servers? Can you reply back with the IP
that you get for jami.net?