jami

Is JACK audio server implemented?

From: riveravaldez
Subject: Is JACK audio server implemented?
Date: Sun, 7 Feb 2021 23:54:16 -0300

Hi,

sorry if this is not the place to ask this.
Recently, I tried Jami between two notebooks (Arch and Debian testing
boxes) and it worked really fine for video-call using PulseAudio.

I'd seen in the settings (Arch, Jami 20201217-1) that JACK is
apparently implemented (I'm a musician, and that would be the best
surprise I had this season), so I tried it, the 'Connections' window
of qjackctl showed the couple of Jami ports, but when I tried to
connect audio through them they didn't get it (the connection didn't
establish).
In the Debian box (Jami 20210104.4.dda80df~ds1-1) JACK doesn't appear
as a Jami audio option no matter it's running before Jami starts.

So, my question is if JACK is implemented in Jami but these are bugs,
or it's still in a very initial status.

Thanks a lot for any answer/explanation. And thanks a lot for all the
wonderful work done on that wonderful software Jami is.

Kind regards!