javaweb-people

Re: [Javaweb-people] So are we agreed?

From: Nic Ferrier
Subject: Re: [Javaweb-people] So are we agreed?
Date: 31 Jan 2002 21:10:30 +0000

Per Bothner <address@hidden> writes:

> Nic Ferrier wrote:
> > Per Bothner <address@hidden> writes:
> >>I'd prefer 'extends' and 'implements' to be indented.
> >>Likewise for 'throws', if on a separate line.
> >
> > Perhaps you and Brian can fight about it and get back to us?
>
> No.  I don't care enough to fight over it - I just expressed
> a preference.

Ok. I've done some scans and found that we have more code formatted
with the indentation than we do formtted without, though indentation
of these lines _at all_ is rare.

Classpath has 59 files formatted with an indented "extends" or
"includes" decl.

Kawa has only 1 file formatted like that.

All Paperclips source files are formatted like it.

None of GCJ is formatted like that.

When files are not formatted with indented lines they are formatted
with the "extends" and "includes" on the same line as the class decl.

That's very bad but perhaps it's not noticably bad to most of you. I
noticed when writing Paperclips because Paperclips classes sometimes
have to implement a lot of interfaces.

Therefore, if I may, I'd like to take the decision that we DO indent
these decls.

Nic