javaweb-submit

[Javaweb-submit] Use of GNU namespace for project

From: Andy Madigan
Subject: [Javaweb-submit] Use of GNU namespace for project
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2004 15:37:22 -0700 (PDT)

I would like to be able to use the gnu package name as the top level
name for my project. My project's name is Jia, so the full package name
would probably just be "gnu.jia". My prject is not a part of the GNU
project but it is under the GPL. The primary aim of my project is to
create a way to write Java servlets in JavaScript, you can find out
more about it at the savannah page (savannah.nongnu.org/projects/jia).
Because of the disorganization of the project when I started (and later
extended it before submission to savannah), the project actually has
three top-level names, jsd, ssjs, and jjas, I was hoping to eradicate
the jjas package, and make jsd and ssjs subpackages of gnu.jia. On your
site you requested that developers contact you before using the gnu
package name, so I will wait for your reply before making any changes
(or uploading code). If you decide that you want on GNU projects to use
the gnu namespace that is perfectly understandable and I will find a
different name. I thank you for your time.

=====