jessie-discuss

Re: [Jessie-discuss] TLS client authentication BAD_Certificate

From: Casey Marshall
Subject: Re: [Jessie-discuss] TLS client authentication BAD_Certificate
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2008 15:01:48 -0700

On Wed, Jun 18, 2008 at 1:10 AM, Gerhard Fliess <address@hidden> wrote:
> Casey Marshall schrieb:
>>
>> On Jun 17, 2008, at 12:37 AM, Gerhard Fliess wrote:
>
> [..]
>>
>> Hm, OK. I think now what might be happening is that Jessie has a bug in
>> its signing code, which SUN TLS is rejecting. You might get further by
>> turning on some debug logging on both ends (I'm pretty sure SUN's
>> implementation has debug logging available; I know Jessie does), which might
>> point out where the issue is.
>>
>> Client-side certificates are unfortunately under-tested in Jessie.
>
> [..]
>
> I have turned on the debug on SUN. How do i turn on debug logging of jessie
> or where can I find infos (loglevels,...).

Defining the property 'gnu.classpath.debug.components' to a
comma-separated list of things will do it (you can see what ones are
available in the class gnu.classpath.debug.Component; the obvious one
of use here is SSL). You'll probably also need to configure your
java.util.logging system to emit log messages for FINE or greater,
since that's the general level messages get logged under.