js-shield

Re: iframes

From: Giorgio Maone
Subject: Re: iframes
Date: Thu, 13 May 2021 11:07:24 +0200

Hi Libor,

actually it MUST be set to true for our kind of use cases (it is in
NoScript, for instance), because otherwise we run (and patch) on the
main frame only.

You must also set match_about_blank to true, in order to inject
transient uninitialized frames.

Regarding the other issue (abusing related window contexts to work
around our patches), it's specifically addressed by patchWindow.js, see
https://github.com/hackademix/nscl/blob/c952d448f27679b73f980af36102060950e22657/content/patchWindow.js#L133

Unfortunately I'm actually still working on the recursive blob injection
issue, but I'll give a shot at completing the merge of patchWindow and
patchWorkers in JS Shield between tonight and tomorrow.

Best,
-- G

--
Giorgio Maone