js-shield

Notes on the web page

From: Libor Polčák
Subject: Notes on the web page
Date: Mon, 7 Jun 2021 17:31:11 +0200

Hello all,

as promised on the meeting, I went through the pages at
https://jsr.manufacturaindependente.org/.

* I suggest moving "Known issues" to the developer notes

* Maybe "Level descriptions" is a better name for the "Configuring" link; but
we will likely get rid of levels so there probably be a differnt content and Configuring or
Configuration can be better names

* I think that we should redesign the "WRAPPERS" section:
 * Maybe we can use "KEY PROTECTION" (or a better name) as a heading
 * Below should be "Network Boundary Shield" description
https://www.fit.vutbr.cz/~polcak/jsr/doxygen/html/group__NBS.html
 * Option A) There can be a single Wrapper link pointing to a page like
https://www.fit.vutbr.cz/~polcak/jsr/doxygen/html/group__wrappers.html; on this
page we can provide some information what are the wrappers trying to achive,
e.g., Fingerprinting protection: Battery, Device memory, Geolocation, Canvas,
...; Microarchitectural attacks: Performance, Time; Real world movement
trackging: Geolocation; etc.
 * Option B) Have the groups like Fingerprinting protection, Microrchitectural
attacks, Real world movement trackging directly in the main menu
 * I like the option B more because users probably do not care if we wrapped
some API or achieved the goal through a different mechanism (like the NSB case)
  * As devs can be interested what is a wrapper, I propose to keep the wrapper description
https://www.fit.vutbr.cz/~polcak/jsr/doxygen/html/group__wrappers.html but moving it to "Developer
notes" above "Making a new wrapper" or "Making a new wrapper can be added to the
wrapper description page.

*
https://www.fit.vutbr.cz/~polcak/jsr/doxygen/html/md_tests_common_files_webbrowser_drivers_DOWNLOAD_WEB_DRIVERS_HERE.html
 is probably missing. But it seems that the info is already in the "Running
(integration|system) tests" pages. So it should not be a problem. Martin, can you
clarify?

* We will have developers working on different branches (right now we have
master, maintain0.4, and maybe nscl). Would it make sense to have several
version of the developer notes? For example see the top panel in python docs
(e.g. https://docs.python.org/3/library/functions.html).

Thanks again for the work on the pages,

Libor