js-shield

Re: Name consistency

From: Libor Polčák
Subject: Re: Name consistency
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2021 12:47:26 +0200

Michael McMahon wrote:
Hi!

I noticed that we are using a variety of names across the project as it took a
while to come up with the name.  Now that we have a name, what can we do to
unify the name across everything?

Here are the ones that I have seen ordered from simplest to most difficult.

* The README.md and the repo description say JavaScript Restrictor (JSR) or
JS-Shield.  This is the easiest to fix without any link breakage.
* The demo website says both jShelter and JShelter.  I am fine with either, but
we should be consistent.
* The repo is titled JS-Shield. https://pagure.io/JS-Shield/JS-Shield Is there
a way to rename the repo with pagure?  Would the old link break or would it
redirect?  Should we do this?
* The browser extension links all say JavaScript Restrictor and link to GitHub.
 Could these be renamed without breaking links?

Best,
Michael McMahon | Web Developer, Free Software Foundation
GPG Key: 4337 2794 C8AD D5CA 8FCF  FA6C D037 59DA B600 E3C0
https://fsf.org | https://gnu.org

John Hsieh wrote:

Michael,