js-shield

Development Meeting 20211217

From: Michael McMahon
Subject: Development Meeting 20211217
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2021 11:39:21 -0500

- Reached out to NLnet
  - Asked about the security and accessibility review.  We should schedule it for a time next month when the developers are available.  Maybe January 13/14 or 17/18 depending on availability.  When we have a date set, we need to give them the dates and provide contact details of those that are available to help with the review.
  - Asked about a deadline extension.  Should have finished by January, but will probably finish in March or April.

- 0.6 release
  - Release was planned for this week, but did not hear back from everyone.
  - Planned for first week of January.
  - Release should meet two tasks from NLnet.

- FSF fiscal sponsorship
  - We need a group of two or three people impartial to funding that could decide how the funding is to be spent.  This is something to think about for now.  Maybe Ruben and Johnh could be two members of the group since they are familiar with the project.

- Accessibility (Agenda item for next design meeting)
  - Found a link with about thirty items that we should review in the next design meeting: Nelnet Web Accessibility Checklist https://nelnetinc.com/wp-content/uploads/Nelnet-Web-Accessibility-Checklist.pdf

- Trademarking (Agenda item for next design meeting)
  - The FSF can take ownership of the name and file for a trademark.

- Next meetings
  - Next meeting would be on New Year's Eve so cancelling that meeting.  No meeting on December 31st.
  - Design meetings will resume on January 7th.
  - Next development meeting will be on January 14th.

If you have any other items or any other updates, you can reply by email as always.