js-shield

Re: Support for different versions

From: Libor Polčák
Subject: Re: Support for different versions
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2022 14:09:46 +0100

Ricardo Lafuente via Js-shield napsal(a):
Hi everyone,

We've set up support for multiple sites for a set of versions, and have a local version
that loads the most recent 3 releases (from git tags). To finish this up, we'd just need
to know what versions we should support (besides the "main" branch) -- these
can be tags or branches. From there, we'll figure out the best way to define these,
probably going with the JSON config idea pitched by Libor.

We'll write shortly with other quick improvements that we've made to the site.
Still a few items in our TODO, but getting closer!

Have a great week,
a&r

Hello a&r,

Ad tags:

That currently means 0.6.2, 0.6.3, 0.6.4. These would be more or less the same.
I guess that 0.6.4 and 0.5.5 would be better. 0.4.7 does not have website/
directory so it is not workable is it? Anyway consider this low priority.

Ad branches:

I guess that we want the default website to be based on main (former master),
right? We definitely need devel0.7. I think that it should be enough for now.

I was also thinking about the pages to generate:

* build.md - As the build procedure may change, this page should be
version-dependant.
* coding-style.md - Let's keep one version.
* credits.md - Usually new people appear with a major release but I wouldn't
mind having only a single version of this page.
* home.md - This page should be version-dependant.
* install.md - Let's keep one version. Does anyone see a benefit of publishing
multiple versions?
* levels.md - This page should be version-dependant.
* license.md - Let's keep one version, or do we want to prepare for GPL4?
* nbs.md - This page should be version-dependant.
* new-wrapper.md - This page should be version-dependant.
* permissions.md - This page should be version-dependant.
* versions.md - Let's keep one version.
* Blog - Let's keep a single version.
* We need a version dependant page for JS shield (aka wrappers) and fingerprint
detector.

Thank you

Libor