js-shield

Multilanguage website

From: Libor Polčák
Subject: Multilanguage website
Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2022 12:06:30 +0200

While we're at it: we've finished a base multilanguage setup on the
"website-languages" branch. At this point, we'd like to try this with a real
translation which can serve as a base for others.

We've started a dummy Portuguese translation which we can finish using
automated translation tools. But we remember Libor wanted to develop the Czech
language translation -- maybe our efforts are best focused on Czech?

Hello Ricardo,

Yes, I would like to have a Czech translation as it makes some tasks
easier/possible like showing the extension to general public. But I think that
there are currently more important tasks. I also do not have anyone that I
could offload the task (of course a volunteer reading this is welcomed :)).
If you agree, we can move to figure out the best way to take care of the
practical translation process (e.g. use a service, or a shared folder, or ***).
Once we iron out the kinks while integrating it, then we can finish the
translation docs so that we can confidently announce that it's ready for
contributions in other languages.

What do you think?

I think that it makes sense to explore as you suggests and pick Portuguese.

Best wishes

Libor