kmldonkey-users

Re: [kmldonkey] unlucky localisation for german

From: Petter E. Stokke
Subject: Re: [kmldonkey] unlucky localisation for german
Date: 15 Jun 2003 23:03:53 +0200

On Sun, 2003-06-15 at 22:41, pingl0rd wrote:
> hi there,
>
> kmldonkey seems to come with localization built in. I am using a system
> with language DE, and so, kmldonkey is all in german language. Which is
> nice.
>
> but for the kmldonkey panel applet, it is annoying. Speed translated
> into german is "Geschwindigkeit". That's correct! But uses up half of
> the KDE panel. My proposition: Just leave it as "Speed". Every German
> knows this word for sure ;). And kmldonkey applet would finally become a
> good and not very space-taking addition to the panel.

Actually, the next version of the applet will let you turn off the
labels if they get in the way. Might as well leave the correct German
word in place and let the user decide for himself how much space to
waste?

--
Petter E. Stokke <address@hidden> http://www.gibreel.net/
PGP key: http://www.gibreel.net/key.asc