koha-devel

Re: [Koha-devel] Branches and opac reserve template

From: paul POULAIN
Subject: Re: [Koha-devel] Branches and opac reserve template
Date: Tue Jul 29 08:36:04 2003

Owen Leonard wrote:

I notice that in the default template opac-reserves.tmpl has this code:

Please select the branch from which you want to collect the item:
                <TMPL_VAR NAME="CGIbranch">

...which produces an html select list. On the other hand, the vanilla template has this code:

   <TMPL_LOOP NAME="BRANCHES">
   </TMPL_LOOP>

...which is nice in that in using the loop it give template-writers the flexibility to choose their input method. Unfortunately, the latter code snippet doesn't work! It doesn't produce anything, so I guess the 'BRANCHES' array hasn't been populated. Is the template expecting a different version of opac-reserves.pl? I notice that the HLT site has other options as well, like being able to choose acceptable formats. What's the story? Will these features be rolled into 2.0?

-- Owen
the 1st solution MUST be used in every place where you can have a default value (until someone shows me readable & easy-to-understand template-only method)
the 2nd may be more versatile, but only when there is no default value.

--
Paul POULAIN