koha-devel

Re: [Koha-devel] biblio deletion

From: paul POULAIN
Subject: Re: [Koha-devel] biblio deletion
Date: Sat Oct 25 01:51:20 2003

MJ Ray wrote:

On 2003-10-22 22:12:58 +0100 Roger Horne <address@hidden> wrote:

Can you tell me the URL in the address bar of the page that you entered this on? For extra help, can you tell me the URL of the next page to appear, as soon as you clicked the send button? My first look for this didn't find the problem I was expecting.

Really, qq() shouldn't be used. All DBI database calls should be done by preparing a statement with ? placeholders and then using execute to fill in the variables. I've not spotted too many cases of other things in koha, but I've not been looking too hard yet.

we try to clean sql without ? when we discover them. There should not be so many of them now.

I think far more common in koha is the SQL phrase:
  INSERT INTO tablename VALUES (?,?,?,?,?)
which causes problems if the order or numbers of the columns in tablename changes. Sometimes the name of the table can be a reserved word in future versions of MySQL too. I think that developers should use
  INSERT INTO "tablename" ("column1","column2") VALUES (?,?)
instead but ICBW.

I never use "short version" of insert. I usually use INSERT INTO "tablename" ("column1","column2") VALUES (?,?) . some dev use insert into biblioitems set biblioitemnumber = ?, biblionumber = ?, which is OK too.

--
Paul POULAIN