koha-devel

Re: [Koha-devel] hard coded stuff?

From: MJ Ray
Subject: Re: [Koha-devel] hard coded stuff?
Date: Mon Oct 27 02:38:02 2003

On 2003-10-27 10:19:03 +0000 Benedykt <address@hidden> wrote:

background-image:url("/intranet-tmpl/default/en/images/background-mem.gif");

What should this be, in your opinion?

Not all diff software packages will show both but rather the whole line will be highlighted as having been modified. For a translator that means visual inspection of the code. Translators are NOT programmers. They may overlook a lot of such little modifications.

Shouldn't the translator look at the changed lines anyway? I'm probably not understanding what you mean here.

Before koha-1.2.3 all the language strings where in the perl scripts. Now they are found in the template files. I wonder whether there exists a method of still going back to a flavor of GETTEXT to take care of translations?

Gettext has its own problems, I hear from someone working on Indian translations. It is a step forwards from us now, though. I thjnk it would not be too difficult to do, but time-consuming.

What is the opinion of the release manager about translations? Can we put localisation and internationalisation fixes into 2.0, must we have them, or should we wait?

http://mjr.towers.org.uk/ gopher://g.towers.org.uk/ address@hidden