koha-devel

[Koha-devel] Koha -> Zebra Integration Mailing List

From: Joshua Ferraro
Date: Wed Jul 6 11:07:34 2005

Hi everyone,

As you probably know, in the next version of Koha we will be changing
the underlying MARC data scheme and retrieval method from a SQL-based
system to a textual scheme using Zebra (http://indexdata.dk/zebra) as
the main indexing and retrieval engine.

Needless to say, moving to Zebra will be a bit step for Koha.
To better facilitate the move I've created a new list: koha-zebra. My
plan is that this will be a temporary list for the key folks involved
in the transition. So if you have a vested interest in Koha's move to
Zebra or if you'd like to be involved in the process feel free to
join the list -- but please keep on topic:

I'll give folks a chance to sign up, etc. and will send out an
introductory email later today on the koha-zebra list with a summary
of our Koha->Zebra discussions thusfar as well as a brief outline of
current roles and where we're at with the integration.

If you'd like to get involved in the process (we will need sponsors,
programmers, doc writers, and technical advisors) drop me an email
and we can discuss where you'd like to fit in.

Thanks,
--
Joshua Ferraro               VENDOR SERVICES FOR OPEN-SOURCE SOFTWARE
LibLime                  Koha ILS, Mambo Intranet, DiscrimiNet Filter